– First this week is the announcement that the eagerly anticipated 24 revival, 24: Live Another Day will take place in London and Europe. This comes after years of speculation that Jack Bauer would make the trip to Britain, with star, Kiefer Sutherland, saying, “to be able to tell this intense ‘24’-style story with the beauty of Europe’s history and architecture as the backdrop is going to be fascinating”. This came ahead of the confirmation that Kim Raver would indeed be making a return to the series as Jack’s lady love, Audrey Raines, alongside William Devane as her father, former Secretary of Defense, James Heller.
– CBS announced this week that Halle Berry would be starring in their summer 2014 series, Extant, from Steven Spielberg’s production company, Amblin Television. Berry is set to play an astronaut who struggles to adjust to life back on Earth after a year in space. Speaking about the casting, Spielberg said, “she will bring a deep authenticity to her role and I very much look forward to working with her”.
– E4 have released a trailer for the fifth and final series of Misfits, teasing how the popular show about young offenders who develop super powers will draw to its conclusion. Roberto Troni, commissioning editor of drama on Channel 4 hinted that the final season would be “one final glorious ride” and, knowing the show, it’s sure to go out with a bang. There’s no exact date yet for when it’s set to air, so keep an eye out for more information soon.
– News also came from Channel 4 this week that hit sitcom, Peep Show, may well be winding down, with series star, David Mitchell, saying that its upcoming ninth season may well be its last. “They’re getting older, you know, and they’re a bit old to be sharing a flat together,” Mitchell stated, but going on to add, “who knows, 20 years later, they might come back together in old age.”
– And finally, comes the news that JJ Abrams’ and Alfonso Cuarón’s newest TV drama, Believe, will be shown on Watch in the UK in 2014. The series stars Jake McLaughlin (Crash), Johnny Sequoyah, Kyle MacLachlan (Desperate Housewives), Delroy Lindo (The Chicago Code) and Jaime Chung (Once Upon a Time) and tells the story of a young girl who possesses supernatural abilities, and the former convict tasked with protecting her.