– Fast & Furious star Paul Walker has been killed in a car accident after leaving an event for his charity Reach Out Worldwide. Walker was a passenger in the car when the driver lost control. Tributes have come from his co-stars including Vin Diesel who said ‘Brother, I will miss you very much’ and Dwayne Johnson: ‘All my strength, love & faith to the Walker family during this heart-breaking time.’ Walker’s charity Reach Out Worldwide raises funds and helps victims of Typhoon Haiyan. Walker will be best remembered for his prominent role in the Fast & Furious franchise of which he had been filming the latest instalment, as well as Into The Blue and Flags of our Fathers.
– Judd Apatow is to direct Train Wreck. The film is about a young woman trying to get her life back on track written by Amy Schumer. Apatow had taken time off after his last film This is 40 but casting for this new project has now begun, although no one is currently confirmed.
– The Fifth Estate has been named this year’s biggest flop, with Forbes reporting it has made just over 20 per cent of its production budget in the box office. Others in the list of biggest flops include Bullet To The Head, Paranoia, Parker and Broken City. Amazingly Disney’s The Lone Ranger did not feature in the list as it managed to break even.
– Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is set to confirm Johnny Depp’s reprisal as Captain Jack Sparrow soon. While no other details have yet been released, the most prominent rumour is that Christoph Waltz is interested in becoming the latest villain in the franchise.
– Quentin Tarantino has revealed he is currently working on a Western movie but that it won’t be a sequel to Django Unchained. The veteran director revealed the news on Jay Leno’s show but did not specify anything more. The announcement will no doubt be good news for fans of Django.
– Warcraft has changed its release date to March 2016. This is largely due to Star Wars Episode VII moving to December 2015 which would likely jeopardise sales of the Warcraft. More films due around December 2015 may follow suit.
– The reboot for Friday The 13th has been given a release date…and unsurprisingly it will be on Friday 13th March 2015.