– Since last week announcing the casting of Ben Affleck in the new Batman role, the makers of Batman Vs Superman have since confirmed that shooting will begin early next year in Michigan. The film is due out in 2015. Meanwhile Bryan Cranston has been linked with the role of Lex Luther although this has yet to be confirmed, as has the speculation that Affleck could star as the dark knight in more than one film.
– Rumours are currently circulating that Kurt Russell is in talks with the producers of Fast & Furious 7 to star in a role that was first offered to Denzel Washington. It is not yet clear whether he has accepted any role yet, or who the character might be, but it is unlikely to be a villain role as this has been occupied by Jason Statham. The usual cast are all set to appear as well.
– One Direction: This Is Us has been released in the UK and US, taking $17 million on its opening weekend. Statistics currently show that 87% of audiences were female and 65% below the age of 17… but you already knew that.
– Bradley Cooper will feature in James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Speculation has been rife all week but now Marvel have confirmed he will be the voice of Rocket Raccoon. He will join Glenn Close among others voicing the picture.
– Dracula: Year Zero has been pushed back to late in 2014. The film was due to be released Summer next year but with a new producer and financing company (Legendary Entertainment) on board, more time was needed for the transition. Luke Evans will star and Gary Shore is still set to direct.
– As if Intersteller doesn’t already enough star power to fill Christopher Nolan’s universe, it has been revealed that Matt Damon is the latest addition to the cast, albeit in a minor role. He will star alongside Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Michael Caine, Casey Affleck and Jessica Chastain.
– Gaming fans will be pleased to hear that World of Warcraft, the Duncan Jones directed fantasy epic based on the games will begin filming in the new year. Details are few and far between but it is believed it will take on the more strategic elements of the original game.
– Daniel Craig has already begun talking about what we can expect from Bond 24. The British actor, who is the sixth official James Bond, is hoping to ‘reclaim some of the old irony’. Skyfall took a decidedly classic turn with a new M and vintage office layout, as well as with the casting of a new MoneyPenny, and it is thought the new film will want to carry on this traditional feel.