– Warner Bros have revealed that the much anticipated Batman Vs Superman film has been delayed until May 2016. The reason cited is “to allow the filmmakers time to realise fully their vision, given the complex visual nature of the story.” The suitably vague answer means the sequel to Man of Steel will now come out around the time of one of the Marvel films, although it is unclear which.
– The nominations for the 86th Academy Awards have been revealed. Gravity, American Hustle and 12 Years A Slave are some of the big films vying for the Best Director and Best Picture categories among others. The full list of nominees can be found here: http://oscar.go.com/nominees
– Margot Robbie, who stars in The Wolf of Wall Street will play the lead in the new Craig Zobel film Z For Zachariah. The story is about Robbie’s character surviving a nuclear war. She has also been linked to Tarzan where Samuel L Jackson and Christoph Waltz are already confirmed.
– Sam Rockwell has been cast in the lead role for The Eel. The film stars Rockwell as a convict on the run who becomes embroiled in a corrupt sheriff’s plan to kidnap a young heiress of an oil fortune.
– Kiefer Sutherland has revealed that plans for a feature film of 24 are still ongoing despite a new mine-series on its way. It is not known if any movie will directly continue the story of the upcoming series.
– Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana will return for the Avatar sequels it has been confirmed. Director James Cameron is currently working on the scripts to the three sequels with the first expected to hit screens in December 2016.
– Finally, Michael Douglas has joined the cast of Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man as Hank Pym. Paul Rudd has already been confirmed to star as Scott Lang.