Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) and Bill Paxton (Apollo 13) have been cast in BBC Two’s upcoming Grand Theft Auto drama, Game Changer. Written by James Wood (Rev), it will look at the cultural impact the video game had on society, following the story of GTA creator Sam Houser (Radcliffe) and determined lawyer Jack Thompson (Paxton), who campaigned against the violent game.
Sky1 have released a trailer for the final season of Strike Back ahead of its premiere on Wednesday 3rd June. Season 5 sees the addition of several new cast members including Michelle Yeoh (Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon), Max Beesley (Ordinary Lies) and Tim McInnerny (Spooks), alongside series regulars Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton.
Fox executives have hinted that another iteration of 24 is in development, with talk that 24: Live Another Day‘s Kate Morgan (Yvonne Strahovski) could be the one to fill Jack Bauer’s shoes.
Rosario Dawson is set to return as Claire Temple for season two of Marvel’s Daredevil, signing a new deal which could also see her appear in the other Marvel series on Netflix.
ABC’s Castle has been renewed for an eighth season, with Castle writer Terence Paul Winter and Alexi Hawley (The Following) set to take over as showrunners. So far, only Nathan Fillion has signed a contract to return but his co-star, Stana Katic, and the rest of the cast are expected to follow shortly.
Selma Blair (Hellboy) has joined the cast of Ryan Murphy’s American Crime Story: The People V. O.J. Simpson. Blair will play Kris Jenner, the ex-wife of Robert Kardashian.
With the upfronts underway in the US, we have yet another slew of renewals as the networks announce their fall schedule.
- CBS has renewed several of their series for another year including Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, Elementary, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, The Good Wife, CSI: Cyber, Criminal Minds, Person of Interest and The Odd Couple.
- NBC has renewed Chicago Fire, Chicago PD, The Blacklist, Law & Order: SVU, Grimm, The Mysteries of Laura, Undateable and The Night Shift.
- Fox have ordered an eleventh series of Bones.
- ABC have renewed Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, How To Get Away With Murder, black-ish, Fresh Off The Boat, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Marvel’s Agent Carter, Nashville and Once Upon a Time.
- On the other side of things, CBS has cancelled Stalker, The McCarthys and Battle Creek.
- While Fox has pulled the plug on The Following and
- NBC has cancelled About a Boy, Constantine, Marry Me and State of Affairs.
- ABC has cancelled Forever, Resurrection and