– Some months ago it was reported that Disney had plans for a series of spin-off films for a number of characters in the Star Wars universe. Now a spin-off featuring Boba Fett looks to be in the works. The news comes courtesy of director Jon Schnepp but would not reveal the inside source of the information. Schnepp has confirmed Lawrence Kasdan has written the script but at the moment nothing else is confirmed. Watch this space for more Star Wars related news.
– Paul Walker has been officially written out of the Fast & Furious franchise. The late actor will feature in the seventh film currently in production, but will be written out suitably rather than being omitted altogether or disappearing inexplicably. Chris Morgan has been on hand with script re-writes in light of Walker’s death with director James Wan keen to use the existing footage shot. The news comes courtesy of THR.
– Jonathan Ross will interview veteran action-hero actor Sylvester Stallone in what has been dubbed an ‘Evening with…’. The live event will take place at the London Palladium on Saturday 11th January 2014. Tickets are available from seatlive.com.
– Chris Williams (Bolt) will join as co-director on Big Hero 6, the joint venture movie from Marvel and Disney. Williams joins Don Hall who has already been working on the project. The film is expected in November this year.
– Frozen has pocketed over $500 million at the box office to become the second highest grossing Disney film of all time. The film remains beaten by The Lion King at number one, but is yet to be released in China, Japan, Korea, Argentina and Brazil.
– Oscar-winning producer Saul Zaentz has died aged 92. The veteran producer died in San Francisco following complications of Alzheimer’s disease. Of the nine films he produced three went on to win academy awards including The English Patient, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest and Amadeus. Zaentz is survived by four children and seven grandchildren