– Paul Bettany is rumoured to have been cast in Avengers: Age of Ultron as The Vision. The news is being reported by Variety that he has been cast in the sequel due out May 2015. Bettany already exists in the Marvel universe as J.A.R.V.I.S, the voice of Tony Stark’s computerised butler. It is not yet known whether the characters would be linked in any way.
– Jason Statham will return in The Mechanic 2, the sequel to the 2010 movie directed by Dennis Gansel. No plot details or release date have been confirmed yet.
– James Franco is set to direct The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room, the adaptation of the book all about the making of cult classic The Room. Franco is also rumoured to be starring in the picture alongside his brother Dave Franco. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg are also on board as executive producers.
– The Lego Movie has already set a record as the highest grossing opening weekend animated film for Warner Bros. The long-awaited film has pulled in nearly $69 million, surpassing the $41.5 million Warner Bros achieved with Happy Feet in 2006.
-Gary Oldman has confirmed he has had talks with J J Abrams over a role in Star wars Episode VII. Like all Star Wars related news however, this is just a rumour, and Oldman joins the long list of stars connected to the sequel.
– Joaquin Phoenix and Adam Driver were reportedly both approached for the role of Lex Luther for Batman Vs Superman. The news comes after Jesse Eisenberg has been confirmed to play one of the most recognisable villain roles in Hollywood.
– Matthew McConaughey has been cast in Gus Van Sant’s new film. Sea of Trees will see McConaughey play the lead in the story of a man who enters Mount Fuji’s ‘Suicidal Forest’. McConaughey is currently filming Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar.
– Finally, Lionsgate have reported that Philip Seymour Hoffman had only one major scene left to film for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, with nine days of shooting left. They have confirmed they will use the existing footage and finish the scenes.