– Dumb & Dumber To has been adding to its cast this week with the arrival of Jennifer Lawrence and Rob Riggle joining original stars Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. Riggle will play a pair of twins whilst Lawrence is believed to only be involved in a cameo role. The sequel will see Peter and Bobby Farrelly back directing, and is expected to be out next Summer to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the original film.
– Horrible Bosses 2 has confirmed a release date of November 2014. The release date will see the sequel pitted against The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1, Fox’s animated Home and Disney sports drama McFarland.
– Metallica Through The Never has opened to over $1.67 million, making it the highest grossing speciality newcomer over the last weekend. The film, released exclusively in IMAX is their first film since the documentary Some Kind of Monster was released in 2004. Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs 2 however was the highest grossing this weekend with $35 million.
– Hugh Jackman has announced his latest project whilst on his promotional tour of duty for Prisoners. The X-Men star will feature in Neill Blomkamp’s new comedy Chappie, a film all about a droid stolen by gangsters. Jackman also insists that plans for his Houdini based Broadway musical are still on-going.
– With a fresh title, and director Colin Trevorrow working hard on re-writes, the casting process for Jurassic World looks to have begun. So far Bryce Dallas Howard is favourite to land a role. The Wrap is reporting she is likely to be the female lead, whilst David Oyelowo is also rumoured to be involved in an unspecified role.
– Vin Diesel has confirmed via his Facebook page that Kurt Russell will join the cast of Fast & Furious 7. Posting an image on his page, Diesel can be seen between Paul Walker and Russell in what looks to be a workshop full of car parts. Russell has also been linked to the next Expendables film although this is just speculation.
– A one-off Toy Story special will air on TV in October entitled Toy Story of Terror! The usual cast are back with the addition of Carl Weathers as Combat Carl. A tie in game will also be released in October.
– Method actor extraordinaire Christoph Waltz is in talks to play the villain in the new Warner Bros. Tarzan. Studio changes and reshuffles has meant delays have been prolonged but a recent bout of activity suggests it is still very much on. Alexander Skarsgard is still set to be the title character and director David Yates is currently looking for someone to fill the role of Jane, with Emma Watson and Margot Robbie thought to be top of the contention.