– 20th Century Fox have reportedly closed a deal for the film rights to the hit musical Guys And Dolls according to deadline.com. It is believed the network are targeting Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt to head up the cast, taking the roles that Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra filled in the 1955 adaptation. Currently there is no director or screenwriter attached to the project, and it is likely any involvement from Tatum or Gordon-Levitt will be announced when a director is confirmed.
– Ghostbusters 3 could be in production as early as next year according to lynchpin actor Dan Aykroyd. In an interview with ABC News, Aykroyd said ‘I know that we’re expecting half of the screenplay to be completed very soon. It should be into production by the fall and be shooting by the New Year.’ The rumour mill continues to surround whether Bill Murray may be involved but it is thought Ivan Reitman is in place to direct with the script currently undergoing re-writes.
– Director Bryan Singer has confirmed the appearance of two new mutants in X-Men: Days of Future Past. In a picture shared on Twitter of the cast members chairs, the names included the time travelling Bishop (a mutant from the future) and Warpath, the super-strength Apache.
– Olympus Has Fallen has topped the UK box office in its opening weekend, earning £2.25 million.
– Collider.com is reporting that Hollywood heartthrob Johnny Depp has begun talks with Disney for their forthcoming musical Into The Woods. The film would see Depp reunited with Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides director Rob Marshall and possibly partner Meryl Streep who has also entered talks with the studio as well.
– The San Francisco International Film Festival has begun, opening with What Maisie Knew, the adaptation of the Henry James classic starring Julianne Moore and Steve Coogan. The 56th edition of the festival is honouring the late George Gund III, who passed away in January of this year.
– James Franco has opted for another directorial outing for his next film Garden of Last Days. In an exclusive from Deadline.com, it was revealed Franco will star in and direct the film: an adaptation of the novel House of Sand and Fog, with shooting due to commence this summer. 300 star Gerard Butler is among a number of names producing the film.
– Scrubs star Zach Braff has reached his $2 million target in just four days in a fundraising campaign for his new film Wish I Was Here. Co-written with his brother Adam Braff, Zach will star and direct in the film about a struggling actor and father who tries to find his identity. In a revolutionary method of fundraising, Braff will feature the names of over 400 donators in a scene with a graffiti-covered wall.