– There are rumours a swirl thanks to an announcement by Chuck Palahniuk at Comic-Con that a sequel to Fight Club (1996) is in the works. The sequel will be in graphic novel form, and will possibly follow Jack and Marla (now married) and Jack’s descent back into the world of Mayhem when the couple’s son is kidnapped by the one and only Tyler Durden – sounds like Jack’s alter-ego will be staging a dramatic comeback.
– Gail Simone, comic-book writer extraordinaire, will be helming an upcoming Tomb Raider comic series due for publication early 2014. The writer, most famous for being the first female head writer on Wonder Woman¸ will be penning this follow-up to the highly acclaimed origins story portrayed in the 2013 video game. So, a comic-series showing the exploits of a young, rookie Lara Croft? Awesome.
– In the biggest news in the literary world this week, the longlist of 13 nominees for the Man Booker Prize 2013 has been revealed. They are: Five Star Billionaire, Tash Aw; We Need New Names, NoViolet Bulawayo; The Luminaries, Eleanor Catton; Harvest, Jim Crace ; The Marrying of Chani Kaufman, Eve Harris; The Kills, Richard House; The Lowland, Jhumpa Lahiri; Unexploded, Alison MacLeod; TransAtlantic, Colum McCann; Almost English, Charlotte Mendelson; A Tale for the Time Being, Ruth Ozeki; The Spinning Heart, Donal Ryan; The Testament of Mary, Colm Toibin.
– Helen Fielding has revealed the cover for the much-anticipated third book in her Bridget Jones series, titled Mad About the Boy. The cover was unveiled following the impressive number of fans who “liked” the Bridget Jones Facebook page.
– For those who adore bookshops, here is something to smile about. Foyles are opening their seventh store, to be located in London Waterloo Train Station – ideal for the millions of commuters who use this station every year. The branch is expected to open in November.